USA Fit Shreveport

Discussion forum for members of USA Fit Shreveport
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question of the Week
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:36 pm 

Red Half Group Runners, what do you do for crosstraining?

I take a dance class on on Monday evenings (lots of grapevines, so I was thrilled to see Daniel include them in his talk last Saturday!).

Jillian Michaels for quick aerobic / light weight workout -it's brilliant - about 27 minutes start to finish and you actually feel like you've accomplished something! Of course, I can only listen to the same things come out of her mouth so many times so I've now just simply made a HIIT timer on my phone with the different segments listed so I can watch TV while doing the workout :)

Step Aerobics with weights - amazingly, this is the same routine I started post-pregnancy (21 years ago!!!!). I managed to pull the cue-ing off of the VHS tape first to a cassette tape, then a CD, and it's now on my IPod (that's pretty much it for my tech savviness). Once again, so I can just listen to the words so I can simultaneously watch TV while I work out. Since this is pretty much the only time I watch TV and it's at odd hours, I can probably tell you the outcome of every Dr. G Medical Examiner, Snapped, and NCIS case not to mention being able to predict who will win Storage Wars and who gets kicked out of the shop on Hard Core Pawn :lol:

All right y'all, don't leave me hanging without any replies - let us know what type of cross training you enjoy!!