USA Fit Shreveport

Discussion forum for members of USA Fit Shreveport
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 am 

Hi all:
Tomorrow is a big day, however, you've done the work to date and think of this as just the next workout to check off on your list!

A few reminders:

We will be on our feet for up to 4 hours so drink lots of fluids today, carbs throughout the day and try to get to bed early.

*Carry your food and beverage of choice. I have plenty of water and Gatorade you've given me (THANKS!) so we're good for fluids along the way.

It will be mid-30's in the morning so you'll likely be shedding clothing. If you already have your throwaway jacket, pullover, gloves, hat, etc. use those tomorrow although you won't have to throw it away, of course, but give it to me.

*Eat your pre-run meal 1-2 hours before our 6:30 start. Carbs mostly with a bit of protein for example, cereal/oatmeal with milk, toast with peanut butter/cream cheese. My pre-race routine is Cheerios, half a banana, half a powerbar and 8 oz. of Gatorade 2 hours before. Leave yourself time to hit the bathroom before we start.

*Apply Glide or Vaseline (Nip guards/bandaids for guys) to any potential chaffing areas (thighs, upper arms, feet). You won't regret this!! I actually use Glide and Vaseline!

*Watch traffic and your footing. There are some rough patches in Highland when we're in the high mileage,

*Find your "Happy Pace"! You have so much more pace awareness now and I am confident you will keep to the 10:30-11:30 pace that can be maintained for this long run.

Email me if you have any questions. The route is posted; we've done these streets before so you'll recognize them. Be ready for a special treat from Edward!

See you in the morning!

Shelley